Thursday, November 09, 2006

Downloading Contra was a mistake

Eventually I will learn my lesson and stop getting suckered in to these Xbox Live Arcade games. I can live with their version of Contra not resembling the NES game I know and love so well. I understand that it was an arcade game first. But what I can't live with is not being able to customize the controls. On the 360 pad, I want A to be jump and X to be shoot. A is jump, all right, but they force me to use the B button to shoot. I can't imagine anything more awkward -- that's exactly the opposite of the way the human thumb is designed. And you can't change it!

Gay.

Edit: My mistake, A is shoot and B is jump. That's even worse.

1 comment:

avixe said...

Aah! That's the same problem as with Mega Man Collection and Mega Man X Collection on the Cube: the controls are all screwy, and can't be remapped.

This is essential stuff for ports, people! Get the original controls right, and provide for remapping.