Thursday, March 13, 2008

Smooth move, Best Buy

All right, unrelenting pressure from my peers in the gaming community, not to mention my editors, led me to pick up Super Smash Bros. Brawl at Best Buy. Generally I'm a big fan of that store, not least because I can walk in two days after the release of a popular game and buy it without being guilt-tripped about not reserving it by some choad wearing a Bluetooth earpiece. Best Buy just takes your money and gives you the game! It's a revolutionary business model.

Even so, I was pretty upset to see this:


Did you catch that? Take a closer look.


Yep. And that was plastered on every one of the dozens of copies they had on display. I mean, if you're going to try to gouge gullible consumers, you could at least make sure you're spelling your stupid sales pitch correctly.

I still like them better than Gamestop.

2 comments:

Reggie Donovan said...

Is "choad" the official spelling? I don't think this has ever been properly resolved.

Mitch Krpata said...

"Choad" is the officially hilarious spelling.